Altanova is looking for candidates that are passionate about sustainability and looking to create a positive impact. For a complete list of open positions across our teams in both NYC and Paris, please click the link below to be taken to our listings.
Why join us?
- We are a small team working on a variety of projects across the globe.
- We have a very diverse team - we come from 8 different nationalities and speak 15 languages
- We all care about sustainability and want to create a positive impact.
- We offer generous benefits, ranging from profit-sharing to 5 weeks of vacation.
What will you be doing?
You will be an essential member of an interdisciplinary team focused on leveraging innovative design and technologies to make the built environment truly sustainable. You will have exposure to many types of projects, ranging from institutional to commercial to residential building projects. Dependent on the specific role, work will include:
- Quantitative analyses, including energy and carbon emissions calculations, thermal comfort analysis, LCCA, and LCA.
- Development of whole-building energy and performance models, used to inform sustainable building design or retrofit strategies.
- Site surveys, auditing, commissioning, retro-commissioning, and monitoring and verification to close the loop on real-life performance.
- Certification support (e.g., Living Building Challenge, PHIUS, LEED).
- Technical assistance for compliance with energy code, local government and funding requirements, and incentive programs (e.g., NYSERDA, NYC HPD).
- Research of new technologies & processes.
To join us, you need:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum in mechanical engineering, building science, sustainability, or related field.
- Knowledge of energy efficiency strategies and building science.
- A growth mindset, and a profound desire to contribute to a team focused on positively impacting the built environment.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, and outstanding verbal, interpersonal, and writing skills.
- Master's and/or Ph.D.
- Credentials: EIT, PE, LEED AP, CEM.
- Experience in energy analysis with EnergyPlus, eQuest, Open Studio, and/or Design Builder.
- Experience in commissioning, building testing & verification (T&V), and performance verification.
- Proficiency in C# or Python programming.
New York and Paris
Other Job Openings
No items found.