Real Estate Development
Prioritize people, protect the environment, improve your bottom line.
Maximize the value of your real estate with a holistic approach.
Our priority is to help you leverage the positive opportunities, even in a time when uncertainty and risk are high for the real estate industry.
We work with owners, tenants, developers, and investors to improve the desirability, efficiency, and resiliency of their buildings. Our combined expertise in the built environment, technology, and business provide our clients with well-informed yet innovative solutions.
While energy efficiency, decarbonization, and cost savings are important parts of sustainability, we believe that buildings and real estate are first shelters for people. Therefore, we approach everything holistically, considering the impacts on people, planet, and profit together.
Design & Construction
Help your investment pencil out by embedding sustainability into the entire process, from conceptual design to monitoring & verification.
- Consider which combination of design strategies is optimal through energy modeling and building performance simulations.
- Assess design for feasibility and constructability to minimize potential change orders, and identify opportunities related to operational and budget risks.
- Secure green financing (e.g., state & federal incentives, rebates, tax credits) to combat the rising cost of capital and improve your capital stack.
- Pursue certifications to recognize your dedication, such as Passive House, LEED, WELL, and the Living Building Challenge.
Reposition your commercial and residential assets in response to new market dynamics, preventing obsolescence as building stock ages.
- Understand current building performance through auditing, retro-commissioning, and/or real-time monitoring.
- Conduct detailed analysis of building equipment, energy systems, and envelope to pinpoint specific operational and capital solutions.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis of proposed solutions to support the selection and prioritization of measures, and develop implementation plans for realizing chosen measures.
- On an ongoing basis, verify savings, measure impact, and manage compliance submissions.
The competition for talent is hotter than ever. Is your workforce fully engaged?
- Define the value that comes from a smart workplace strategy and understand why making no decision is still a decision.
- Engage key stakeholders to understand the organizations’ current state, assess key metrics (e.g., engagement, retention, engagement, etc.), and identify priorities, gaps, and opportunities.
- Implement evidence-based strategies at the site- or portfolio-level to increase satisfaction & productivity, reduce attrition, and align organizational culture with business goals.